Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Year and Top 10 Tracks

I just want to thank EVERYONE who has read, commented, shared and embraced this blog. Without you all, we would not have the opportunity to EXPRESS what we do. Damn it has been three years and I am still kicking.

2013 is another year for greatness, positive vibes and amazing music. I do not consider it a new beginning; rather a year to transform House Music to the masses through writing to many who are willing to understand our World a little more. I have not given up on this music since it has not on me. I can still remember the time I fell in Love with House Music and the grip it has had on me since. It saved my Life!

Speaking of saving lives, I got ten tracks that were bangers this year that gave so much LIFE on the floor. Here are a few that did it for me (In NO particular Order):

Lamone - My Favorite Things:  Now anyone who knows me knows I am not big on the holidays. However, I downloaded Josh Milan's Holiday albums with wonderful artists such as Dawn Tallman, Lamone, Cinnamon Brown, Sandra St. Victor and others to make it oh so soulful. The Honeycomb Music camp made me appreciate vocals, soul, harmonies and music even more.  Tyrone Francis banged this at December's Tambor Party and the Spirit took over me. I was in tears of joy. Give thanks for these wonderful voices. If you want to download the album, go here: Honeycomb Christmas

Timmy Regisford feat. Mikey Dance - Shining (Sean McCabe Remix): When I first heard this track, I was like, 'Alright, let's see how this will sound' Gotta admit, at times I have a biased ear. I LOVE when vocals and production come together properly. Sean McCabe did justice with the remix of Timmy Regisford's track. I am a big fan of Mr. McCabe and I can truly say that this track needs to be played. I kept playing it over and over at home. Dancing to it is such a release.

SMT feat. Shea Soul - Just Fine: This track is just SMOOTH!! I heard it a while back when I was at The Gathering and I was hooked. I kept listening and KNEW that I had heard the voice before. Shea Soul never disappoints when it comes to tracks that she is on. The David Harness mix is HOT TOO! To be honest, I like all the mixes on this track. Now go and beat that to the ground.

Jazzmatik and Boddhi Satva feat. MiSSuM - And Other Worlds (Kai Alce Vocal Remix): If this banger does not make you move, I dunno what will. Kai Alce put his damn foot in this one and I cannot stop moving to it. It reminds of how House Music should be: Melodic, Vocal, Soulful and damn RAW! You better get it, homie! ATL REPRESENT!

Tuccillo and Kiko Navarro feat. Amor - Lovery (Yoruba Soul Mix): Maaaaaan Osunlade better stop playing. When I first heard this track, I thought out to loud and said, 'Goodness gracious! What a banger to get the summer going right'. Many DJs rock this track to get the masses on the dance floor. It always works and that is why it is on this list.

Mr. O and Funk Deepstar feat. Ckenz Vocal - I Got This Feeling: Big ups to South Africa for this one. Not your typical South African banger. The SoulCandi camp does it again. They never disappoint. I heard this track at Tambor Party during Stan Zeff's set. Me and Yoli Chisholm were blown away and I HAD to ask. Paid for my download and the rest is history. Get it!

Atjazz and Jullian Gomes - Overshadowed (Atjazz Galaxy Aart Dub): OH MY GOODNESS! I really do not think you all here in the STATES understand how damn genius Atjazz is. Sleep on this dude if you  must my fellow Americans, but he is the TRUTH! We gotta get him stateside. SOMEONE. ANYONE?! Carlos Mena played this banger at one of his BEMBE parties here in Atlanta and I fucking LOST it! Words cannot describe the feelings I had at that moment when  this track came on: Nostalgia, Love, Pure and RAW emotion, the ability to move freely and dance like no one is watching. Atjazz's tracks usually does that to me. However, this track here: OH MY GOODNESS!! Thank You for producing this with Jullian Gomes. WARNING: Not for all DJs to play and for the faint of Heart. Just being real.

EnaWadan - I'm Still Standing: Brother ain't that the truth! Carlos Mena brought this cat to the masses with 'Forever' on his Ocha Records label. Thankful and blessed that he came back FULL force with this banger. This track makes a sista feel good when she is dancing and yet again, NOT every DJ can play this track. With the release on Offering Recordings, it set a whole new standard to vocals and ancestral energy. When I hear this track, it sends off positive vibes and great energy to the dancers. A banger, indeed!

Ralf Gum feat. Monique Bingham - Take Me To My Love: When I tell you that this track can NEVER get old, believe it. Regardless of what sound of House you may play, this track is a club banger. Ralf Gum and Monique Bingham have done it again. With Ralf's stellar production and Monique's smooth vocals, you cannot go wrong. I LOVE THIS TRACK!

*****FLako feat Dirg Gerner -Lonely Town (K2 REMIX): Alright Kris Klayton AKA Karizma AKA Kaytronik, I am calling you out on this one! How you gon' produce this foolishness and NOT put it out?!?!?! I heard this track and seriously started screaming at the top of my lungs. When I tell you that this is EVERYTHING that I needed for 2012 when it came to Music HANDS DOWN, this is the ONE!  I put stars next to this because I WANT THIS RELEASED! Hell, I am pretty sure most of your fans want this out. YET AGAIN: ONLY CERTAIN DJs can play this. Kai Alce rocked this shit during one of his sets and I lost it. People were lost as me and a few others were losing our minds. Seeing people go to the booth and ask what it is guarantees that it is a banger! DAMN YOU PUT YOUR FOOT IN THIS ONE, Kris! THANK YOU!!!!

If you want ANY of these tracks, PLEASE PAY FOR YOUR DOWNLOAD. Amazon, iTunes Store, Traxsource, Beatport, Juno and other paying sites. Thank you all and LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment