Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Three years wiser...

Wow!
It has really been THREE YEARS since I have been updating the blog?!
Thank You ALL so much for the love and continued support!

I started the blog with the purpose of getting the word out about the House Music scene from a younger perspective. I feel as if many (especially in my age range) do not understand the genre itself and confuse it with other foolishness. I am still learning myself and it shall continue to be a process that is ongoing. I remember the first entry I wrote: Very simple and to the point about Atlanta. From there, pictures, interviews, video and so much more surfaced and I can truly say it has been a whirlwind of awesomeness! 

Some of my favourite interviews thus far (big ups to Kevin Latham for the suggestion):
- Josh Milan from Blaze
- Ian Friday
- Osunlade
- Boddhi Satva
- Carlos Mena

 I appreciate these warm individuals taking time out of their schedules to let me interview them so that all can get a deeper insight as to whom they are. Nonetheless, the interviews will continue. The videos and pictures, too!

As for HDA: We have been on a bit of HIATUS, but catch us back soon! If you do not know who we are, look us up on Meetup.com or facebook.com under 'House Dancers of Atlanta'.  As Atlanta spreads its wings to bigger and better things, this is for US ALL!

To the naysayers: STOP coming into my city with that foolishness THINKING that we are some country ass bumpkins who do not know squat about House Music. We have so many imports that it makes no sense for the division. People hear about us far and wide and want to come here. Regardless of what sound of 'House' you prefer, we are ALL in this together. Family stays together and sticks up for one another when others have bullshit to spew. Just sit back, have a seat and eat a damn cookie... IT IS OUR TURN!!!!

<3 - Deborah (deephouseATL.)

 DONATE TO HOUSE IN THE PARK: LABOR DAY WEEKEND! For more INFO: DONATE TO HOUSE IN THE PARK 8!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment