Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ian Friday @ Tambor Party

Flashback 2007 - Winter Music Conference: Bembe party with Ian, Carlos Mena, Rich Medina, Osunlade, Karizma and DJ Spinna...

I had the opportunity of meeting this man, not realizing how much of a hot commodity he is in our scene. I met him, along with Kev Master Kev at this event, which was held at Rain. He held a steady crowd, keeping it real deep and ancestral...

Flash forward to 2008 - The Gathering @ Cenci, Atlanta:

He ripped it and I was dancing on the floor the WHOLE night. Big ups to all whom brought him down. When he played, 'More Of You' by Jimmy Abney (Rise In Peace), me and my buddy, Nishana lost it. That is one of many songs that is beautiful, but at the same time, you can lose it on the dancefloor. I am forever thankful for that night.

WINTER MUSIC CONFERENCE - Tribe Records UK party: In the moonlight with all of my ancestors surrounding me, he FIRST played 'Gwebindala' and it was over. Was it safe to say that I kept my clothing on? I felt like I was back in the motherland and not knowing that at that moment, happiness filled my soul. I ran into him later during the conference and told him how hard it was for me to contain myself. he says, 'I do what I do. I cannot help it if you cannot contain yourself. The music guides me...'

Ever since 2007, my eye has been on this man and his music never disappoints. To drop and remix tracks such as: Broken Dreams, More Of You, Carib's Leap and Don't Be Afraid, Atlanta will definitely be in for a treat. Bring your towel and drink PLENTY of water. The End. ATLANTA is ready for you, Ian...


No comments:

Post a Comment